You should be thankful if your toddler has narrow feet. Some of my team members have kids with wide feet, and looking for the right shoes for their kids has been so challenging. Finding the right pair of shoes is extremely hard as not all shoes are wide enough for those kids. Though hard, it’s not impossible. We’ve tested and handpicked some of the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet available on the market. That way, parents who have toddlers with wide feet don’t have to go through a hard time looking for the right kicks for their precious ones. You may be familiar with some of our picks below or even be surprised by what you find. Either way, the following shoes will give your kid the comfort they need. So, without further ado, let’s learn more about our favorites!
Does your kid have fat feet? If so, you should also read our post on the best shoes for toddlers with fat feet!
Table of contents
- JAN & JUL Kids’ Knit Shoes
- Skechers Comfy Flex 2.0 Sneakers
- New Balance Fresh Foam Roav Sneakers
- JOINFREE Toddler Shoes
- New Balance Rave Run Sneakers
- Keds Graham Sneakers
- TSUKIHOSHI Racer Sneakers
- Stride Rite Wilbur Sneakers
- Saucony Jazz Sneakers
- Stride Rite 360 Taye 2.0 Sneakers
- See Kai Run Robyne Sneakers
- New Balance Kid’s New-B Sneakers
- See Kai Run Ryder FlexiRun Sneakers
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers with Wide Feet
- Do toddler shoes come in wide?
- Why is it so hard to find wide shoes?
- Are Skechers good for kids with wide feet?
JAN & JUL Kids’ Knit Shoes
Kicking off this list are the JAN & JUL Kids’ Knit Shoes, some of the best options on the market. Though affordable, these shoes know how to give toddlers a memorable experience. As the name suggests, these are knitted shoes. With a slip-on design and a wide opening, putting them on is nothing but a breeze. Even my little one didn’t need any help putting them on.
Apart from being highly comfortable and breathable, these shoes are also great for active toddlers. They come with rubber protection around the edges and the toe area, which will protect those tiny toes from impact. Best of all, these shoes are available in a wide variety of colorways and prints. Have fun letting your kid choose their favorite!
- The sole is durable and offers amazing traction.
- These shoes are incredibly flexible.
- They’re among the most breathable shoes on the market.
- They’re not manufactured by a popular brand.
Skechers Comfy Flex 2.0 Sneakers
What we have here are the Skechers Comfy Flex 2.0 Sneakers, some of the most comfortable options on the market. We’re positive active toddlers would love wearing these sporty sneakers. For one, they’re flexible. During testing, they were able to follow the natural movement of my kid’s feet. In addition to that, the sole offers impressive traction, allowing kids to walk confidently no matter the surface.
When talking about these shoes, we also have to talk about the cute rainbow! Though it doesn’t affect the comfort, it sure is a nice addition. It’s just pleasing to the eyes. On top of that, these shoes are also available in several different colorways, from dark to vibrant colors. Best of all, these shoes are machine washable. What more could you ask for?
- With a slip-on design, putting these shoes on and taking them off is easy.
- They’re available in several different colors.
- They’re great for active toddlers.
- It takes a while for the shoes to be broken in.
New Balance Fresh Foam Roav Sneakers
With wide sizes, the New Balance Fresh Foam Roav Sneakers are another highly recommended option for parents looking for the best shoes for toddler with wide feet. As the name suggests, the highlight of these shoes is the Fresh Foam midsole. We were truly impressed by it during testing, as it offered our little ones a lightweight and comfortable experience. It also makes the shoes a great option for all-day wear.
Whether we like it or not, those tiny feet can grow a lot in just a month or two. Luckily, these shoes are made to accommodate growing feet. The heel will hug the feet comfortably, offering a secure and supportive fit. In addition, we fancy the breathable mesh upper, which enhances the comfort. Best of all, there are tons of different colors to pick from.
- These shoes offer high-quality comfort without breaking the bank.
- They’re designed to accommodate growing feet.
- They can be used for many occasions.
- While it’s easy to put them on, sometimes they can accidentally come off easily as well.
JOINFREE Toddler Shoes
Best Budget. Not everyone wants to invest in a pair of premium shoes, especially if their kids grow faster than most. If that’s your case, look no further than the JOINFREE Toddler Shoes! To be honest, our expectations were low when we saw the price tag. But we were instantly proven wrong by the shoes. Though cheap, these shoes have a lot to offer. For one, they’re some of the most lightweight options on the market. This makes them a super comfy option for toddlers.
Also, these shoes are extremely flexible. They’re able to follow the movement of the feet naturally. We also love the EVA sole. It’s not only durable but also provides amazing traction, perfect for walking on wet surfaces. And with so many shades to choose from, these shoes are a good option for most kids.
- Despite being cheap, these shoes don’t compromise on quality.
- They’re really lightweight and flexible.
- Both boys and girls can wear them.
- Not a lot of people know the brand.
New Balance Rave Run Sneakers
Available in a wide variety of colorful options, the New Balance Rave Run Sneakers are easily among our favorites. These best shoes for wide feet toddler are specifically designed with comfort in mind. The mesh upper is extremely lightweight and breathable. When my kid took off the shoes after wearing them for hours, his feet weren’t smelly at all.
Apart from that, the well-cushioned footbed also offers great comfort. Add a rubber sole to that and your kid will have a pair of supportive and comfortable pair of shoes. In addition to that, the no-sew tip enhances the shoes’ overall durability. These shoes are truly a nice option for those who want both style and comfort.
- These shoes are both breathable and comfortable.
- The rubber sole is extremely durable.
- They have a bold yet stylish design.
- They may be a bit too big for some kids.
Keds Graham Sneakers
Keds has been producing top-notch shoes for a long time. Though they don’t have plenty of bells and whistles, they do offer great comfort and a timeless design. That’s why we want to recommend the Keds Graham Sneakers. Trust us; with plenty of eye-catching and stylish colorways, these toddler shoes for walking will never go out of style.
Moreover, the rubber sole is among the best we’ve ever tested. It’s durable, anti-skid, and better yet, it comes with a noise-reduction feature! That’s not all, though. We’re also fans of the cloud-like memory foam insole, which makes the shoes way more comfortable to wear.
- There are so many colors to choose from.
- These shoes are built to last.
- They have a timeless design.
- Choosing the right size can be a bit tricky.
TSUKIHOSHI Racer Sneakers
Best Machine Washable. With a wide variety of fun colors to choose from, who can say no to TSUKIHOSHI Racer Sneakers? If your little one loves bright stuff, you should get them the Lime variant. Just take a look at the picture below! But aside from the looks, we also love how wide the toe box is. It allows kids to have a comfortable experience.
Also, we have to mention the sole! It’s not only durable but also slip-resistant and shock-absorbing. That way, toddlers who are learning how to walk properly will be able to do so confidently. During testing, our kids never fell even when they were running. Best of all, the insole is removable!
- With a big opening, putting the shoes on is easy.
- These shoes are machine washable.
- They’re extremely durable.
- The white sole can get dirty easily
Stride Rite Wilbur Sneakers
We can’t talk about the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet without mentioning the Stride Rite Wilbur Sneakers. These kicks are a cool, everyday option for kids with wide feet. First of all, they’re available in plenty of different colors. Honestly, they’re all equally good that we had a hard time picking which pair we wanted to try out. But lucky for us, these shoes are more than just eye candy.
One of these shoes’ biggest selling points is the fact that they come with a removable insole. Talk about customization! During testing, our little ones had nothing to complain about. The padded collar ensures toddlers can wear them for a long time comfortably, and the memory foam footbed does an incredibly good job of supporting the feet. Check out what the verified buyers have to say about these shoes here!
- The flexibility and durability of the rubber sole are worth praising.
- With a hook-and-loop closure, putting the shoes on and taking them off is easy.
- These shoes are machine washable!
- The straps aren’t adjustable.
Saucony Jazz Sneakers
Most Comfortable. There’s a reason why the Saucony Jazz Sneakers are some of the most popular options on Amazon. Bombed with positive reviews, these shoes are that comfortable. Designed for active toddlers, the footbed of these sneakers is among the most comfortable. My kid even wanted to bring them home! Don’t worry; I’ve bought him a pair.
Speaking of comfort, these shoes also come with a Velcro closure that lets kids put the shoes on and take them off without any help. Better yet, these little sneakers are inspired by Saucony’s Jazz Sneakers for adults. So, if you decide to get them for your kid, both of you can have matching shoes!
- The durability of these shoes is worth praising.
- There are so many different colors to choose from.
- They have a timeless design.
- The Velcro strap isn’t long enough for some kids.
Stride Rite 360 Taye 2.0 Sneakers
As parents, we don’t want our little baby to walk in tight, uncomfortable shoes, right? That’s why we want to show you the Stride Rite 360 Taye 2.0 Sneakers! These shoes are among the most customizable choices on the market. How come? That’s because they come with a removable insert, allowing toddlers with wide feet to wear them without any discomfort.
In addition to that, putting on and taking off these baby shoes are a breeze. One of our testers’ kids was able to put them on without any help, and honestly, I wasn’t surprised. Not to mention, these stylish shoes are available in a wide variety of color options. Learn more about Stride Rite’s 360 collections by watching this video!
- We love how stylish these shoes are.
- They’re specifically built to give toddlers comfort.
- There’s a removable insole, which is great for toddlers with wide feet.
- The white variant is probably the prettiest but can get dirty easily.
See Kai Run Robyne Sneakers
The See Kai Run Robyne Sneakers are another highly recommended option. We’re sure this brand needs no introduction as it’s mega-popular. But one may wonder, what’s so special about Robyne? Well, these sneakers come with an extremely flexible canvas upper. We have tried to bend the shoes and the canvas sure is flexible. Pair that with the padded collar and tongue, these shoes are among the most comfortable options.
They’re not just comfortable but also safe. My kid loves to run and jump. He simply can’t sit still. If yours is like that as well, we’re sure you’ll appreciate the toe cap that helps to give those little toes extra protection. Also, with a hook-and-loop strap, adjusting the fit is effortless. This also means easy on and off!
- Great for slippery surfaces, the sole offers great traction.
- They’re available in many color combinations.
- These shoes have a super durable construction.
- They might be a bit too big for smaller toddlers.
New Balance Kid’s New-B Sneakers
Best Value for Money. Our list won’t be complete without the New Balance Kid’s New-B Sneakers. These shoes are among our favorites. Obviously, one of the biggest reasons behind their popularity is the fact that they’re made by New Balance. But in addition to that, we’ve examined these shoes properly and we think they’re also great because they come with a wide and flexible design.
Great for toddlers with wide feet, these shoes come with a roomy toe box that won’t hurt those little toes. Additionally, when we held them for the first time, we all agreed they were exceptionally lightweight. Along with a soft but durable sole, these are also some of the best shoes for new walkers. Also available in wide and extra wide variants, who can say no to them? Learn more about these shoes on their official product page!
- They’re available in a wide variety of shades.
- The hook-and-loop closure is easy to use.
- These shoes have a lot to offer without breaking the wallet.
- Some people think the shoes are too soft.
See Kai Run Ryder FlexiRun Sneakers
Best Overall. Active toddlers with wide feet can finally do whatever they want with the See Kai Run Ryder FlexiRun Sneakers! These shoes are everything those kids wish for. When we first saw them, we instantly fell in love. That’s because they’re available in multiple different color choices, all of which are equally eye-catching. Our kids also had an easy time putting them on since they come with a huge strap and a wide opening.
“My little kid is extremely picky when it comes to shoes. But when he wore these shoes for the first time, he instantly smiled and I could tell he loved them a lot. They’re stylish, comfortable, and reasonably priced.”Keedoz
And when it comes to breathability, these shoes don’t disappoint. With a mesh upper, kids will never have stinky feet anymore. Plus, the removable sock liner will help keep those feet fresh. When they do get dirty, parents don’t have to do the extra work of washing the shoes. All I did was throw them into my washing machine and let it do its magic.
- Thanks to the padded collar and tongue, these shoes are even more comfortable to wear.
- They’re extremely lightweight yet durable.
- Keeping them clean is easy since they’re machine washable.
- The Velcro strap could’ve been a bit longer.
Though there are 13 different options on this list, all of them won’t disappoint, especially for toddlers with wide feet. While we think the See Kai Run Ryder FlexiRun Sneakers have the best overall features, the rest are also worth considering. We’ve categorized some of them according to the following criteria, so make sure to give them a read!
- Best Value for Money: New Balance Kid’s New-B Sneakers
- Most Comfortable: Saucony Jazz Sneakers
- Best Machine Washable: TSUKIHOSHI Racer Sneakers
- Best Budget: JOINFREE Toddler Shoes
How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers with Wide Feet
When choosing the right shoes for toddlers who were born with wide feet, there are some important features to consider. They include:
Having wide feet means we have to be extra careful when shopping for footwear. If your toddler was born with wide feet, you should consider getting shoes that come with a wide toe box. It offers more room for the toes so they won’t be squished!
My toddler can easily be the most active human in the room. He’s always walking, running, and jumping. If your toddler is the same, you should consider getting a pair of flexible shoes. The sole must be flexible and lightweight so it can follow the natural movements of the feet.
Last but not least, you should also consider the quality of the sole. Aside from being flexible, it should also provide good traction so toddlers won’t slip or fall. Luckily, our picks all come with grippy soles!
Do toddler shoes come in wide?
It depends. Not all toddler shoes are available in wide sizes, but several brands like See Kai Run and New Balance are available in wide sizes.
Why is it so hard to find wide shoes?
Actually, the answer is pretty simple. That’s because most shoes are made for average-sized feet.
Are Skechers good for kids with wide feet?
Of course! Skechers shoes aren’t only comfortable, but they also come in wide sizes for toddlers with wide feet.