Being born with flat feet is no fun. So, if your kid has been complaining a lot recently about foot pain, you should stop whatever you’re doing and listen to them. Some of our reviewers have kids with flat feet, and they can’t wear regular shoes. What they need are the best shoes for flat feet kid. These shoes are specifically designed to eliminate the pain and support the feet. Overlooking this problem can be harmful. Aside from foot pain, muscle fatigue as well as awkward walking can also be caused by flat feet. Lucky for you, our team of reviewers has tested some of the best shoes on the market that are designed for kids with flat feet. They’re stable, supportive, and most importantly, comfortable. So, without further ado, let’s see what we’ve picked!
Table of contents
- Under Armour Assert 9 Running Shoes
- adidas Originals Kid’s Swift Run Shoes
- pediped Janet Mary Jane Flat Shoes
- Memo Polo Corrective Sneakers
- Saucony Jazz Sneakers
- New Balance Kid’s 888 V2 Running Shoes
- TSUKIHOSHI Euro Sneakers
- Pediped Flex Justice Sneakers
- Keen Kid’s Chandler CNX Sneakers
- Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Slip-Ons
- TSUKIHOSHI Storm Sneakers
- New Balance Kid’s 680 V6 Running Shoes
- Santiro Kid’s Running Sneakers
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Shoes for Flat Feet Kids
- Can you correct flat feet in kids?
- What happens if you don’t fix flat feet?
- Do flat feet need arch support shoes?
Under Armour Assert 9 Running Shoes
I think there’s no better way to kick off this list than with the Under Armour Assert 9 Running Shoes. These shoes are great for little runners that need arch support for their flat feet. With soft cushioning, running and walking are more enjoyable and less painful. When I asked my kid whether these shoes were comfy or not, he nodded excitedly.
Moreover, I also love the details of these shoes. For example, they come with a heel pull tab of the same color, which makes it easier to put the shoes on and take them off. Also, can we appreciate how cool these shoes are? The Blue variant below is our favorite, but they’re still available in a bunch of different shades.
- Though lightweight, these shoes are durable.
- They also come in wide sizes.
- These shoes are great for little kids who love to run.
- Some people consider them a bit pricey.
adidas Originals Kid’s Swift Run Shoes
While there are so many amazing options on the market, the adidas Originals Kid’s Swift Run Shoes are among the most comfortable ones. Whether you’re a fan of this big brand or not, you can’t deny the quality of its shoes. And when it comes to flat feet, these shoes are the one. They’re extremely comfortable and lightweight without sacrificing arch support.
Instead of Velcro straps, these shoes come with laces. I’m gonna be honest with you; my kid had quite a hard time doing the laces. But if you have an older kid who’s already used to tying their shoes, this won’t be a problem. Also, I love the thick and durable rubber sole. It provides great traction so kids can run and walk safely.
- The comfort of these shoes is hard to match.
- They have a very modern design.
- Their overall durability is worth two thumbs up.
- They’re a bit too big for some.
pediped Janet Mary Jane Flat Shoes
If you’re looking for something fancier, consider the pediped Janet Mary Jane Flat Shoes. Compared to the other best shoes for flat feet toddlers, these shoes are a standout. Approved by APMA, these flat shoes are among the loveliest options available on the market. They offer great arch support for kids with flat feet and allow them to be on their feet for a long time without any discomfort.
However, the highlight of these walking toddler shoes has to be the Flex Fit System. During testing, I was surprised to find that these special inserts can be removed or inserted. They offer an ideal fit for kids. Not to mention, the shoes come with a super flexible rubber sole.
- The cushioned arch support offers unmatched comfort.
- I’m a huge fan of the flexible and durable rubber sole.
- They’re some of the most beautiful options on the market.
- It may take a while for the shoes to be broken in.
Memo Polo Corrective Sneakers
Best Design. Looking for the best shoes for kid with flat feet can be tricky, as there are so many options to choose from. And when it comes to hidden gems, the Memo Polo Corrective Sneakers are among the best. First of all, these sneakers look super dope. Though they don’t come in a wide variety of choices, they sure are a standout.
One of the highlights of these sneakers is the sole, which is made to stabilize the foot and provide proper position when walking. After testing the shoes, my boy didn’t want to even take them off. He loved them that much, and I’m sure other kids will feel the same. Apart from that, the goatskin leather upper is highly durable yet soft and luxurious. It’s actually more comfortable than it looks.
- These shoes are made to encourage good posture.
- With Velcro straps, these shoes offer a secure fit.
- The non-marking sole offers impressive traction.
- They’re among the most expensive options on this list.
Saucony Jazz Sneakers
When I first discovered Saucony Jazz Sneakers, I immediately knew my kid would love them. These shoes have the classic design of other Saucony shoes, but with a little bit of twist that makes them fun and more appealing to kids. These shoes come with an extremely comfortable footbed and are surprisingly supportive, which is perfect for kids with flat feet.
For comfort, these shoes feature mesh on the sides, making them highly breathable. And with the big Velcro closure, my boy was able to put on and take off the shoes without any help. Though they may feel a bit stiff in the beginning, once broken in, they’re going to be some of the comfiest options.
- These shoes are extremely durable.
- Kids will have fun choosing from a wide array of fun colors.
- They’re highly breathable.
- Some people think the Velcro strap is too short.
New Balance Kid’s 888 V2 Running Shoes
Made for both toddlers and bigger kids, the New Balance Kid’s 888 V2 Running Shoes are another highly recommended pair that won’t disappoint. One of the things that my kid loved the most when testing these shoes was the hook-and-loop closure. It was super simple to use, even for my clumsy kid. In addition to that, these shoes are also designed with amazing heel cushion support, which is great for flat feet.
Choosing the right shoes for kids with flat feet can be a daunting task. But did you know what’s worse? Choosing a pair of shoes for kids with flat and wide feet! Like the best shoes for toddlers with wide feet, these shoes are also available in wide sizes. Also, in addition to their durability, they’re highly breathable, too.
- These shoes are available in many different sizes.
- They’re made to withstand daily use.
- Kids with wide feet can wear them comfortably.
- Unfortunately, the suede upper is prone to dirt.
TSUKIHOSHI Euro Sneakers
When it comes to the best shoes for flat foot toddler, TSUKIHOSHI Euro Sneakers should be included in the conversation. These sneakers have everything your kid needs. For one, they provide excellent arch support. In addition to that, the rubber sole is durable and comes with cushioning for comfort. Suitable for both boys and girls, these shoes are to die for.
My little boy’s feet are flat and he needs to wear orthotics. Luckily, during testing, we found out that these sneakers were wide enough to fit orthotics. What’s more, the heel stabilizers are great additions to these shoes. And though pricier than many of their competitors, I can confidently say they’re worth the money.
- With one Velcro strap, these shoes offer easy on and off.
- They’re true to size.
- Cleaning them is a breeze as they’re machine washable.
- A tiny bit expensive for some people.
Pediped Flex Justice Sneakers
Pediped is a reliable brand that has produced plenty of amazing baby shoes. The Pediped Flex Justice Sneakers are a nice addition to this list, and I have a bunch of reasons why you should let your kid try them out. First of all, these shoes feature the brand’s Flex Fit System, which allows the shoes to be super versatile. This system allowed us to remove the inserts and reduce the shoes by half a size. Pretty cool, isn’t it?
With a memory foam insole, my kid was able to walk comfortably. In addition to that, it also helps to absorb moisture that can cause slipping. As with other shoes from Pediped, the Justice Sneakers are also both breathable and lightweight. When my kid took the shoes off, his feet were completely dry.
- Also great for rainy days, these shoes are water-resistant.
- They’re machine-washable.
- These shoes are approved by APMA for promoting the healthy development of the foot.
- Limited color options.
Keen Kid’s Chandler CNX Sneakers
Most Durable. Durable and protective, who can say no to Keen Kid’s Chandler CNX Sneakers? My little one is an adventurer, and when he first saw these shoes, he immediately fell in love. These shoes are as tough as it gets. They’re specifically made to handle any adventure, offering kids with flat feet the comfort they badly need.
Also, with a breathable mesh upper, these shoes won’t weigh kids down. In addition to that, the contoured arch means they’re really supportive and stable. Last but not least, the sole is among the best. It provides superb traction regardless of the surface. Kids will be able to have fun in the jungle or playground safely.
- They’re available in tons of colorways for both boys and girls.
- These shoes are lightweight and breathable.
- The laces are easy to tie.
- The quality of the laces isn’t the best.
Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Slip-Ons
Best Waterproof. Another highly recommended option for parents looking for the best shoes for flat feet kid is the Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Slip-Ons. These shoes come with a molded nylon arch shank that’s designed to support your kid and give them stability. My little one also had an easy time wearing them as he didn’t have to deal with laces.
Furthermore, the suede upper is waterproof. Yes; you read that right. This makes it a nice choice for little kids who can’t stay still and loves to spend most of their time outdoors. Also, I’m a huge fan of the sole’s aggressive tread. It offers an excellent grip so kids won’t slip easily. Make sure to also watch these shoes’ official video!
- These shoes are fully waterproof.
- With a nylon arch shank, these shoes provide amazing arch support for flat feet.
- Thanks to the slip-on design, wearing the shoes and taking them off is easy.
- Some people find them a bit expensive.
TSUKIHOSHI Storm Sneakers
This list won’t be the same without TSUKIHOSHI Storm Sneakers. First of all, let’s appreciate how lightweight and flexible these shoes are. When our testers wore these shoes, they were never weighed down by the shoes. These kicks are made to follow the feet’s natural movements, which translates to better comfort.
In addition to that, there’s a molded cup insole that offers unmatched support for kids with flat feet and unique arches. Also worth mentioning is the wide toe box, which gives plenty of room for those little toes. Best of all, these shoes are machine washable. Learn more about them by clicking here!
- The insole is anti-bacterial and odor-resistant.
- These shoes are available in a wide variety of sizes and colors.
- The rubber sole is durable and grippy.
- They’re a bit pricey.
New Balance Kid’s 680 V6 Running Shoes
Best Value for Money. What we have here is a pair of running shoes that are specifically made for kids with flat feet. The New Balance Kid’s 680 V6 Running Shoes come with an open mesh upper and minimal leather. While wearing these shoes, our testers said they were super breezy and comfortable. Plus, these shoes also offer flexible support. With them, kids can walk and stand for a long time without any discomfort.
One of the highlights of these shoes is the ABZORB midsole. It’s designed to absorb the impacts when walking and running, providing kids with all-day comfort. In addition to that, the rubber outsole is extremely durable. It can withstand daily abuse and offers great traction. Best of all, these kicks are available in a wide range of fun color options!
- These shoes provide soft underfoot cushioning for kids.
- They’re not only comfortable but also durable.
- Designed by New Balance, you don’t have to worry about their quality.
- Depending on the color you choose, they can get dirty easily.
Santiro Kid’s Running Sneakers
Best Overall. There’s a reason why Santiro Kid’s Running Sneakers are flooded with positive reviews on Amazon. For one, these kicks are available in dozens of different colors. They’re arguably the most eye-catching option on this list. Whether your kid loves something calm or bold, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a pair that they love.
“These sneakers from Santiro are truly fantastic. They’re not only eye-catching but also comfortable. They’re also so well-made that I think they’re going to be the first pair that outlasts my kid.”Keedoz
Additionally, I love the amount of arch support they offer to kids with flat feet. By wearing these sneakers, my kid never complained about the discomfort he often feels. Also, with a knitted upper, these sneakers are highly breathable. No more smelly feet!
- With a hook-and-loop closure, these shoes offer easy on and off.
- They’re available in plenty of different sizes.
- They offer a lot without breaking the bank.
- Choosing the right size can be a bit tricky.
Compared to all the options on this list, I think the Santiro Kid’s Running Sneakers are the best overall option. They’re comfortable, reasonably priced, and attractive. However, it doesn’t mean the rest aren’t worth considering. Some of them are special in their own way, which is why we’ve categorized them according to the following criteria:
- Best Value for Money: New Balance Kid’s 680 V6 Running Shoes
- Best Waterproof: Merrell Jungle Moc Frosty Slip-Ons
- Most Durable: Keen Kid’s Chandler CNX Sneakers
- Best Design: Memo Polo Corrective Sneakers
How To Choose The Best Shoes for Flat Feet Kids
When choosing the best shoes for your little one, there are a few things that you should always keep in mind, which include:
The number one feature you’ll want to consider is the arch support. Never, ever get a pair of shoes that have no arch support. Since flat feet can’t provide the support your kid needs, you’ll have to get a pair of shoes that can provide this support. Speaking of which, check out these best shoes with arch support for kids!
Yes; having shoes that offer great arch support means they’ll most likely be comfortable. But aside from that, you should also consider other factors like the breathability of the material and the cushioning. These will affect the overall experience of wearing the shoes.
If you have an active little kid, you’ll want the shoes to offer great traction regardless of the surface. So, always take a look at the sole and make sure it’s not only durable but also has treads to grip the surface.
Can you correct flat feet in kids?
Normally, kids with flat feet can deal with their problems by wearing supportive shoes. However, if they have some leg problems like a torn tendon or other conditions, then surgery may be needed.
What happens if you don’t fix flat feet?
Flat feet may cause certain foot conditions including Arthritis, bone spurs, and bunions.
Do flat feet need arch support shoes?
Yes! According to MEDI-DYNE, shoes with proper arch support can help alleviate the pain caused by flat feet.