As a parent, sometimes I’m more excited than my kid when I find an attractive pair of shoes. But then, I have to remind myself that I shouldn’t get them just because they’re cute! If you also have a toddler and are looking for the right pair of shoes for them, you’re at the right place! Today, I’m here to show you the best shoes for toddlers for walking. Me and my team were lucky enough to let our kids try some of the top toddler shoes on the market. They’re not only adorable but are highly functional, too! Our picks are made by many different brands and have their own distinct look. However, they all allow toddlers to walk comfortably and confidently. So, without further ado, here’s our review!
Table of contents
- Timatego Toddler Shoes
- GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers
- New Balance Rave Run V2 Toddler Shoes
- Simple Joys by Carter’s Slip-On Shoes
- Robeez First Kicks Sneakers
- See Kai Run Tanner Sneakers
- Keds Graham Baby Sneakers
- Pediped Betty Mary Jane Flats
- TSUKIHOSHI Racer Shoes
- ASICS Kid’s Contend 7 Toddler Shoes
- Carter’s Every Step Sneakers
- See Kai Run Stevie II First Walker Sneakers
- Stride Rite Jazzy Sneakers
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers for Walking
- What type of shoe is best for toddlers?
- Are sneakers good for toddlers?
- Should you buy toddler shoes bigger?
Timatego Toddler Shoes
Kicking off this list are the Timatego Toddler Shoes, some of the most adorable shoes on the market. I was truly obsessed with these shoes when I first saw them. How could I not, as these shoes are available in a plethora of different prints! Whether your little one loves sharks or dinosaurs or cute animals, you’ll surely be able to find a pair that attracts their attention.
Also, I couldn’t believe how soft these shoes were when I touched them. Despite that, they’re incredibly durable. Plus, the sole offers great traction, keeping toddlers safe and steady when their walking. Even better, these shoes come with a slip-on design, meaning they provide easy on and off. They’re great everyday shoes that don’t let parents and kids down.
- There’s a plethora of different prints to choose from.
- You’ll be surprised by how cheap they are.
- I’m a huge fan of the convenient slip-on design.
- They might be too small for some toddlers.
GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers
GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers are another pair of cute shoes for toddlers on this list! These lovely sneakers are available in countless different designs that’ll never catch toddlers’ attention. Don’t worry, though, as they’re also available in low-key designs for those who hate being the center of attention.
One of the highlights of these shoes is their weight. During our testing, we already expected them to be comfy and lightweight, and we were correct. Also, the soft fur lining allows kids to wear them for hours without any discomfort. Better yet, we were given a lot of different sizes to choose from. We think they’ll fit kids with any shape of feet.
- With a slip-resistant sole, kids can walk on any surface confidently.
- These shoes are surprisingly durable.
- They’re warm and super comfortable.
- The strap isn’t the strongest.
New Balance Rave Run V2 Toddler Shoes
Including the New Balance Rave Run V2 Toddler Shoes is a must! That’s because these shoes are that good. My kid was lucky enough to wear them for a couple of days, and he had a blast wearing them. Of course, one of the things that we love the most about these shoes is their cool design. Our kid was able to become the center of attention no matter where he went just because he was wearing these awesome kicks! Plus, they’re available in a wide variety of shades.
Made in the USA, these shoes come with a durable rubber sole. Just like its competitors, the sole offers great traction. There was this one instance where my boy was walking on a wet, slippery floor. Thankfully, nothing bad happened. What’s more, the synthetic and mesh upper is highly breathable. When my kid took off the shoes and the socks, I didn’t smell any odor.
- I like the bold and cool design of the shoes.
- They’re also available in wide sizes.
- The EVA foam makes the shoes extra comfortable.
- I think the Velcro strap could be a bit stronger.
Simple Joys by Carter’s Slip-On Shoes
Best Budget. Not everyone wants and needs flashy shoes. If your kid loves something simple and does the job, look no further than Simple Joys by Carter’s Slip-On Shoes. As the name suggests, these are slip-on shoes, meaning your toddler will never have to deal with straps and laces. My kid could even put them on and take them off in a blink of an eye.
My little angel loves walking. He just can’t stop! Luckily, these shoes come with a durable synthetic sole that offers great traction. In addition to that, the upper is breathable, too. Also, these are low-maintenance shoes. All you have to do is spot-clean them using soap and water. Pretty simple, isn’t it?
- There are plenty of colors and patterns to choose from.
- These shoes are surprisingly cheap!
- With the slip-on design, they’re easy to put on and take off.
- Toddlers with narrower feet may find them too big.
Robeez First Kicks Sneakers
if you have a baby boy, you should definitely consider the Robeez First Kicks Sneakers. These shoes are simply handsome. When I first saw them, I immediately thought they look like a pair of shoes that dads would wear. Talk about matching shoes! Despite that, these shoes are specifically built to be worn by growing feet.
One of my favorite features about these shoes is their split sole. This allows the shoes to be both skid-resistant and flexible at the same time. When it comes to comfort, the MVP is none other than the padded footbed. It’s well-cushioned and allows kids to walk for a long time comfortably. Also, these shoes are available in tons of different designs so I had a hard time deciding which one to get. Though ultimately, I got the Navy Leather variant. By the way, did you know that Robeez also make some of the best shoes for early walkers?
- These shoes are some of the most stylish options for baby boys.
- The split sole makes the shoes extra flexible.
- Despite the quality, they’re still reasonably priced.
- Sadly, they’re not suitable for girls.
See Kai Run Tanner Sneakers
See Kai Run has produced some of the top shoes for babies, including the Tanner Sneakers. First of all, these shoes are APMA-approved, so you don’t have to be skeptical. What stood out the most when I first found out about these shoes was their design. They’re colorful and fun but not tacky! Also, they’re available in many different colors.
Needless to say, these shoes are comfortable, too. With a flexible sole and super wide toe box, kids will be able to walk without any discomfort. Speaking of which, they also feature a highly breathable canvas upper. So, no more foot odor! Finally, I love the hook-and-loop closure. I never had to help my kid put on the shoes.
- Thanks to the rubber sole, kids can walk on all types of surfaces without any worry.
- With a padded tongue and collar, these shoes are really comfortable.
- They’re available in fun color options.
- They’re a little too big for some toddlers.
Keds Graham Baby Sneakers
Those in their right mind would definitely want to consider getting Keds Graham Baby Sneakers. Design-wise, these shoes can’t get any better. I love their timeless design and won’t go out of style. In addition to that, there are plenty of different shades to choose from. I decided to give the Stone variant a try, as I thought they’d fit my kid’s outfit well.
Furthermore, these shoes come with a high-quality rubber sole. Is it durable? Duh! But it’s also anti-skid and comes with a noise-reduction feature. Pretty awesome, isn’t it? Designed with comfort in mind, these shoes also come with a cloud-like memory foam insole. During testing, I never saw my kid stop walking and he never complained about anything either.
- The wide toe box offers unmatched comfort, making them great for those looking for shoes for toddlers with fat feet.
- There are plenty of different colors to choose from.
- I’m a huge fan of their timeless design.
- Choosing the right size may be tricky since there is a lot to consider.
Pediped Betty Mary Jane Flats
Pediped is one of the world’s most beloved shoe brands for toddlers for many reasons. They sure know how to make high-quality shoes that don’t break the bank, and what I have here are the Pediped Betty Mary Jane Flats. These shoes are not just a pair of beautiful shoes. Designed for infants, toddlers, and little kids, they’re extremely flexible, including the sole.
As I said earlier, these flats are affordable. However, I was shocked when I knew that the upper was genuine leather. This means the flats will be exceptionally durable. Also, for comfort, these flats come with a breathable lining. Best of all, they’re approved by the APMA.
- These shoes are great for toddlers’ growing feet.
- I was surprised when I found out that the upper was 100% leather.
- They’re a nice option for toddlers with wider feet.
- Compared to others, their color choices are limited.
TSUKIHOSHI Racer Shoes
Most Supportive. We can’t talk about the best shoes for walking toddlers without mentioning the TSUKIHOSHI Racer Shoes! While they have plenty to show off, one of the things that I love the most is their wide toe box. It allows toddlers to wear the shoes comfortably without hurting their tiny toes. Apart from that, these kicks are also safe to use. My little one was able to walk confidently since the shoes are slip-resistant and shock-absorbing.
Putting on a pair of shoes for your baby can be a challenge. Lucky for us parents, these shoes feature a big hook-and-loop closure and elastic laces. With those two, I was able to put the shoes on and take them off for my kid easily. In addition to that, these shoes are big in customization, as they allow you to use customized orthotics.
- These shoes provide sufficient arch support, making them some of the top shoes with arch support for kids.
- With a wide toe box, wearing these shoes will be nothing but comfortable.
- They’re machine washable!
- Some people think they should’ve gone a size bigger.
ASICS Kid’s Contend 7 Toddler Shoes
Best Design. As an active adult, I religiously collect a pair of new shoes every now and then. ASICS is one of my favorite brands, and I’ve tried wearing the Contend 7 before. Thus, I can confidently say that the ASICS Kid’s Contend 7 Toddler Shoes are almost identical to the adult version. It’s just that they’re smaller and cuter! Our testers’ kids couldn’t help but love them, and we’re sure your kids will feel the same!
These shoes come with a flexible and durable rubber sole. In addition to that, I was also impressed by the breathable upper. It makes the overall experience much more enjoyable. Furthermore, the single hook-and-loop closure makes these shoes extremely easy to put on. The kids from our team didn’t have any problem putting them on by themselves.
- When it comes to cuteness, these shoes take the cake.
- Despite everything they offer, they’re still affordable.
- They’re easy to put on and take off.
- Choosing the perfect size may be challenging.
Carter’s Every Step Sneakers
Best Value for Money. The best shoes for toddlers for walking that are made with authentic leather are arguably the best. However, not everyone can or want to afford them. That’s why we include Carter’s Every Step Sneakers on this list. These shoes use synthetic materials to keep the price low. However, they do so without sacrificing comfort and support!
One of our testers let her daughter wear these shoes, and based on the testing, we do agree that these shoes are flexible. They allow kids to walk and run around without any discomfort. Plus, when I held these shoes, it felt like I wasn’t holding anything at all. They’re that light! They’re truly the perfect option to accompany your little one “every step” of the way. Learn more about them by watching this video!
- The sole comes with deep groves that provide superior traction.
- These shoes are available in a wide array of designs.
- They’re affordable without sacrificing quality.
- Though cheaper, they’re still inferior to leather sneakers.
See Kai Run Stevie II First Walker Sneakers
Raise your hand if you’re searching for the best shoes for new walking babies! Look no further than the See Kai Run Stevie II First Walker Sneakers. In my opinion, the highlight of these shoes is their rubber sole. It not only provides unmatched stability for toddlers but also traction and durability. That way, they can finally walk safely and confidently.
Based on our testing, we also found the toe box to be on the bigger side, which is good. It offers enough room for growing baby feet. In addition to that, the adjustable hook-and-loop closure along with the elastic laces means the shoes won’t slip off easily. Also, there are plenty of fun colorways to choose from!
- You don’t have to question the quality of these shoes as they’re APMA-approved.
- These shoes are highly breathable.
- The rubber sole is durable.
- They’re a tad narrow for toddlers with wider feet.
Stride Rite Jazzy Sneakers
Best Overall. Among all of the best shoes for walking toddlers, we have to give the Stride Rite Jazzy Sneakers the trophy. These shoes manage to tick all the right boxes. They come with a flexible and rounded sole for comfort and balance, a super-duper comfy footbed, a wide opening for easy on and off, and many more. Add a collection of cute designs to that and you’ll have the perfect shoes for your little one.
“You truly can’t go wrong with these Jazzy Sneakers. My kid loves them so much as they’re not only comfortable but also extremely easy to use. Also, most toddler shoes are too bright. I like that these ones can go well with whatever my baby is wearing.”Keedoz
Our team of experts personally loves the balance offered by these shoes. They’re perfect for unsteady babies who are beginning to walk. Also, as a parent, I love how easy it is to clean these shoes. All I had to do was to wipe them clean with a damp cloth as well as a mild detergent. Of course, I also bought them for my little princess! For more information about the Jazzy Sneakers, check out their official product page!
- With a sturdy sole, these shoes offer a good balance.
- Wearing them and taking them off is easy with the wide opening.
- These shoes are available in a wide variety of designs.
- According to some long-term reports, the Velcro wears out pretty fast.
Now, what do you think of my picks? With different features, designs, and price tags, I’m sure you’ll find the perfect pair for your little one. My favorite is none other than the Stride Rite Jazzy Sneakers, as they have everything toddlers need. However, the rest are also great! We’ve categorized some of them based on the following criteria, so make sure to give them a look!
- Best Value for Money: Carter’s Every Step Sneakers
- Best Design: ASICS Kid’s Contend 7 Toddler Shoes
- Most Supportive: TSUKIHOSHI Racer Shoes
- Best Budget: Simple Joys by Carter’s Slip-On Shoes
How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers for Walking
Now, what should you consider when you’re looking for the best toddlers shoes? There are a few things to keep in mind, which include:
When you’re getting your toddler a pair of shoes, they should fit those little feet comfortably. I recommend getting shoes that are wide enough so your precious one doesn’t have to suffer from blisters. Also, getting a pair that comes with Velcro straps is better so the shoes will stay in place at all times.
In addition to that, you should also consider the material of the shoes. I highly suggest getting a pair with a soft leather or cloth upper that offers great breathability. Stiff materials will only hinder the feet’s growth and development, which is something you’ll want to avoid.
Last but not least, it’ll be awesome if you can find shoes that are both lightweight and flexible. They allow toddlers to walk more comfortably. Plus, the sole has to be non-slip, so your toddler won’t have to take any unnecessary bumps.
What type of shoe is best for toddlers?
As stated on dinopt.com, kids at this age should wear a pair of lightweight shoes when they’re outdoors. The sole shouldn’t be too thick, and they must be able to stay on their feet properly.
Are sneakers good for toddlers?
Normally, toddlers who can already walk stably will do well with a pair of sneakers.
Should you buy toddler shoes bigger?
It depends. If those particular shoes tend to be smaller than most, you may want to go bigger. However, under normal circumstances, you don’t want to get shoes that are bigger than your toddler’s normal size. You should only buy a pair of shoes that fit your toddler well.