When it comes to shopping for toddler shoes, things are sometimes harder than they seem. You may have already found a pair that’s not only comfortable but also stylish. However, do they fit your toddler’s feet well? I have a little boy with fat feet and looking for the right pair proves to be a challenging task. That’s why I’m here today to show you some of the best shoes for toddler with fat feet. These shoes are designed with a bigger toe box, so they can accommodate bigger feet. In addition to that, they’re also comfortable and of course, adorable! So, without further ado, let’s check out some of the top options available on the market!
Table of contents
- Stride Rite Lighted Cosmic Sneakers
- Nike Revolution 4 Running Shoes
- See Kai Run Tanner Sneakers
- GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers
- KEEN Kid’s Chandler 2 CNX Sneakers
- HAPPY NOCNOC Toddler Shoes
- Stride Rite Thompson Sneakers
- New Balance Kid’s 519v1 Shoes
- TSUKIHOSHI Racer Baby Shoes
- ikiki Squeaky Shoes
- K-Swiss Kid’s Classic VN Sneakers
- Saucony Little Kid’s Baby Jazz Sneakers
- See Kai Run Kristin Sneakers
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers with Fat Feet
- Why does my toddler have fat feet?
- Who makes wide sneakers toddlers?
- Is it bad for babies to wear shoes that are too big?
Stride Rite Lighted Cosmic Sneakers
Kicking off this list are the Stride Rite Lighted Cosmic Sneakers. Yes, as the name suggests, these sneakers can light up! They’re a must-have fashions accessory if your little one loves being in the spotlight. My boy once wore them at night and everyone couldn’t stop looking at the shoes! Get ready to feel the glow!
Moreover, these shoes also come with a convenient hook-and-loop closure, which allows easy on and off. Meanwhile, the Ortholite memory foam footbed enhances the overall wearing experience and makes these shoes some of the most comfortable options on the market. Best of all, the sole is both lightweight and grippy! Also, did you know that Stride Rite also produces some of the best shoes for early walkers?
- These shoes light up with every step!
- The padded heel collar offers enhanced comfort.
- There are plenty of sizes to choose from.
- They may be too flashy for some kids.
Nike Revolution 4 Running Shoes
One can never go wrong with a pair of shoes from Nike. Enter the Nike Revolution 4 Running Shoes. These kicks are a nice option for parents looking for the best shoes for babies with wide feet. What I like about them is their minimalist design, which makes them a very versatile option. They can be used for almost any occasion and go well with any outfit.
Furthermore, the mesh upper allows these shoes to be extra breathable. This is really important for kids who are always on the move. In addition to that, the hook-and-loop closure promises a secure lockdown, and the grippy rubber sole allows little ones to walk confidently wherever they are. Though they may be a bit pricier than others, the quality and durability of these shoes are also superior.
- They’re produced by Nike, one of the world’s most trusted shoe brands.
- These shoes are both lightweight and durable.
- They have a roomy toe box for fat feet.
- A bit expensive for some.
See Kai Run Tanner Sneakers
Perfect for kids with fat feet, the See Kai Run Tanner Sneakers are APMA-approved shoes that offer a flexible fit. These shoes allow kids’ feet to develop naturally even when they’re wearing shoes most of the time. Some of the things that I love the most about them are their flexible sole and extra wide toe box.
Speaking of comfort, these shoes for babies also come with a breathable cawalknvas upper. No more sweaty feet! Of course, there’s also an adjustable hook-and-loop closure for convenient on-and-off. These kicks are also ridiculously cute! They’re available in a wide array of different color combinations.
- They’re available in multiple color combinations.
- With a padded collar and tongue, these shoes are extra comfortable.
- The rubber sole is grippy.
- Not the most durable option.
GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers
Toddlers will easily be attracted to cute and colorful stuff, so why not consider the GUBARUN Toddler Sneakers? These lovely sneakers are available in a variety of prints, but if somehow your little angel prefers something more low-key, they’re also available in solid prints. In addition to that, these sneakers are exceptionally lightweight!
But what’s most amazing is the fact that these sneakers are warm. This is thanks to the soft fur lining. Because of this, I think they’re a great alternative to slippers. Not to mention, the hook-and-loop closure allows easy on and off, no matter the size of the feet.
- With a slip-resistant sole, kids can walk on any surface confidently.
- These shoes are surprisingly durable.
- They’re warm and super comfortable.
- Sometimes they slip off too easily.
KEEN Kid’s Chandler 2 CNX Sneakers
Best Durability. KEEN is a footwear that’s loved by many because of its durability. That said, the KEEN Kid’s Chandler 2 CNX Sneakers are the perfect option for parents who want to gift their little one reliable and long-lasting sneakers that can be passed on to the younger sibling. Whether it’s a walk at the park or a hike in the woods, these shoes can do it all.
What I love the most about these walking shoes is their amazing traction. The rubber sole is superb! It provides a superior grip, so kids can walk on slippery surfaces confidently. In addition to that, the rubber tip can also protect those fragile, little toes from impacts. You won’t regret investing in these shoes!
- Arguably the most durable shoes for toddlers.
- Kids with fat feet can wear them comfortably.
- These shoes offer a secure fit.
- The bungee closure may be a bit hard to use for some kids.
HAPPY NOCNOC Toddler Shoes
Up next are the HAPPY NOCNOC Toddler Shoes, a favorite among some parents and kids. What caught our attention the most when we first saw these shoes is their design and price tag. These shoes certainly feel and look more expensive than they actually are, which is a huge plus. After all, I’m not the type that wants to spend too much on a pair of shoes that will only be used for a while.
However, I fell in love with them deeper once I knew the quality of these shoes. The rubber sole isn’t only thick but also durable. Meanwhile, the cotton lining makes the shoes super comfortable. Also, the Velcro closure allows toddlers to put the shoes on by themselves confidently, even if they have fat feet! Take a closer look at these shoes by watching its official video!
- There are more than a dozen different designs to choose from.
- They’re more durable than expected.
- The unique design is eye-catching.
- Some people may not be familiar with the brand.
Stride Rite Thompson Sneakers
Best Comfort. Stride Rite has made some of the best shoes for toddler with fat feet, including the Stride Rite Thompson Sneakers. While these shoes have a lot to offer, I think one of their biggest selling points is their easy on and off! Featuring a huge opening, kids will be able to put these shoes on easily. Plus, the hook-and-loop closure promises a comfy and secure fit all the time.
After testing these shoes, I can confidently say that they’re great for most activities. From walking to running and jumping, these shoes will protect those little toes at all times. Better yet, with a memory foam cushion, these shoes are ridiculously comfortable!
- The casual design makes these shoes great for most activities.
- The sole is flexible and durable.
- Thanks to the memory foam interior, these shoes are super comfortable.
- Not the most popular option on the market.
New Balance Kid’s 519v1 Shoes
The New Balance Kid’s 519v1 Shoes are another highly recommended pair for toddlers with fat feet. First of all, these shoes are designed by New Balance, so you don’t have to question or worry about their quality. Also, these shoes are more affordable than many of their competitors, which I appreciate a lot. Where else can you get first-rate shoes that don’t break the wallet?
There’s a lot to love about these shoes. For one, I find the upper mesh to be extremely soft. It’s even more comfortable after the break-in period. In addition to that, the rubber sole is incredibly flexible and durable. My little boy managed to walk and run confidently without falling. Best of all, they’re available in a variety of sizes, including Wide and X-Wide variants.
- Unlike many other shoes, this pair comes with a Velcro strap that’s actually long enough.
- The soft feet cushioning makes the shoes super comfortable.
- Available in plenty of different sizes for different ages.
- The durability of the Velcro isn’t the best.
TSUKIHOSHI Racer Baby Shoes
My little boy and I love the TSUKIHOSHI Racer Baby Shoes, and I’m sure as fellow parents, you’ll feel the same. What we love the most about these shoes is their extra wide toe box. It makes the overall experience more comfortable, and those little toes will never feel pain anymore. Additionally, I also like how safe these shoes are. They’re slip-resistant and shock-absorbing, so your little one can do whatever they want confidently.
Sometimes, putting on shoes for your kid can be a hassle. Luckily, the opening of these shoes is pretty big and there’s a convenient hook-and-loop closure as well as elastic laces that promise easy on and off. Also, have I told you that the insoles are removable?
- Surprisingly, they offer amazing arch support. Speaking of which, make sure to check out these best shoes with arch support for kids.
- The wide toe box offers unmatched comfort.
- Keeping them clean is a breeze as they’re machine washable.
- The white sole can get dirty easily.
ikiki Squeaky Shoes
Most Adorable. It’s true that there are many options better than the ikiki Squeaky Shoes. However, they have to be the cutest and most adorable pair ever! As the name suggests, these shoes can make squeaky sounds! Don’t worry, though, as the squeaks can be turned off just in case some people are annoyed. But I bet they won’t be mad for long once they look at how cute the shoes are!
Like many other shoes on this list, they come with a pretty big opening, which is great for toddlers with fat feet. Putting these shoes on and taking them off is also a breeze with the hook-and-loop strap. Also, if your kid doesn’t fancy dogs, you can get other animal faces like pigs, pandas, and frogs! Also, check out what ReviewingThis has to say about these shoes!
- The squeaks can excite little toddlers and make them more active.
- There are plenty of designs and sizes to choose from.
- Putting them on and taking them off is a piece of cake.
- The squeaks may be too noisy for some people.
K-Swiss Kid’s Classic VN Sneakers
In case you didn’t know, the highly sought-after Classic VN Sneakers are also available for toddlers! I own a pair and it’s definitely among my favorites. One of the biggest selling points of these shoes is their versatility. Thanks to their timeless and clean design, they can be worn with quite literally any outfit!
In addition to that, these shoes are extremely comfortable. The toe box is wide enough for toddlers with fat feet, and the rubber sole isn’t only durable but also flexible. Also, the price tag is on point! It doesn’t make you question the quality of these shoes and it certainly doesn’t hurt your wallet either!
- There are plenty of colors to choose from.
- The durability is top-notch.
- I’m a huge fan of the clean design!
- You should be extra careful since these shoes are white.
Saucony Little Kid’s Baby Jazz Sneakers
Best Value for Money. Active toddlers will definitely love wearing the Saucony Little Kid’s Baby Jazz Sneakers. These colorful shoes are specifically designed for kids who can’t stop walking, running, and jumping. The toe box is wider than most, and the Velcro closure allows kids to put them on and take them off easily.
My little boy had the chance to wear these shoes for a while and he loved them! When I handed them to him, I also noticed that these shoes are more lightweight than expected. Better yet, these little sneakers are inspired by Saucony’s Jazz Sneakers for adults. So, if you decide to get them for your kid, both of you can have matching shoes! For the full features, check out the official product page!
- I think these shoes are great for toddlers who are pretty hard on their shoes.
- They’re available in a wide variety of colorways.
- These durable shoes are made to last.
- For some kids, the Velcro isn’t long enough.
See Kai Run Kristin Sneakers
Best Overall. While many shoes claim to be the best shoes for baby with fat feet, I think the real winner here is the See Kai Run Kristin Sneakers. First of all, let’s appreciate the shoes’ fun design! These shoes are available in a variety of exciting color combinations, which can be used by both boys and girls. I also love how distinct each design is, making every option looks like an entirely different pair of shoes.
“These shoes are simply adorable! I was amazed that the Velcro actually stayed on all the time when my boy was wearing the shoes for the first time. Also, they’re really easy to put on.”Keedoz
These adorable shoes aren’t just flexible, but they also come with an extra wide toe box, offering extra wiggles for babies born with fat feet. Additionally, I like how they can mimic the shape of the foot, allowing kids to walk comfortably. You don’t have to question the quality, as these shoes are approved by APMA.
- These shoes are designed to accommodate wide ankles and feet.
- I love how flexible the sole is.
- Babies can wear them and even kids up to 8 years old.
- Some variants are a bit bigger than the rest.
Parents do have to put in extra effort when shopping for a pair of shoes if they have a toddler with fat feet. But with the list above, things won’t be that hard anymore! I think the See Kai Run Kristin Sneakers are the best overall pick, as they’re not only cute but also reasonably priced and comfortable. But the rest are also equally good! We’ve labeled some of them based on the following categories, so make sure to take a look!
- Best Value for Money: Saucony Little Kid’s Baby Jazz Sneakers
- Most Adorable: ikiki Squeaky Shoes
- Best Comfort: Stride Rite Thompson Sneakers
- Best Durability: KEEN Kid’s Chandler 2 CNX Sneakers
How To Choose The Best Shoes for Toddlers with Fat Feet
When choosing the right shoes for toddlers born with fat feet, there are a few things to consider, which are:
Toddlers are extremely active. They can never stop running and walking! That’s why wearing a comfortable pair of shoes is a must. Also, the shoes should have a flexible and lightweight sole. That way, the shoes can follow the natural movements of the feet.
Having fat feet means we have to be extra careful when shopping for footwear. If your toddler was born with fat feet, you should consider getting shoes that come with a wide toe box. It offers more room for the toes and they won’t be squished!
Last but not least, you should also consider the quality of the sole. Aside from being flexible, it should also provide good traction so toddlers won’t slip or fall. Luckily, our picks all come with grippy soles!
Why does my toddler have fat feet?
It’s completely normal for toddlers to have fat feet. As they grow older, the fat will redistribute and help to strengthen the muscles.
Who makes wide sneakers toddlers?
There are plenty of shoe brands that make sneakers with wide sizes. New Balance, Stride Rite, and See Kai Run are some of the brands that have sizes for wide feet.
Is it bad for babies to wear shoes that are too big?
Wearing oversized shoes won’t be good for your toddler as they’ll be hard to walk in. Instead, if your toddler has wide or fat feet, you can get them the shoes listed above!