If you’re an eco-conscious person like us who loves to bring your lunch to the office or school, you’re at the right place! Why keep your lunch box in your backpack when there are eco friendly lunch bags to keep it safe and fresh? Yes; these bags are made from environmentally friendly or recycled materials. They’re available in different shapes, sizes, and colors. Better yet, familiar brands like YETI and Hydro Flask also produce this kind of lunch bag! Some of them also have special features like insulation and waterproofing. With these lunch bags, there’s no reason for you to use single-use plastic bags anymore! So, without further ado, let’s make the world a better place and check out these lunch bags!
Table of contents
- SUNNY BIRD Insulated Lunch Bag
- OmieTote Lunch Bag
- MIER Insulated Lunch Bag
- BKLYN Bento Lunch Bag
- TELLUMO Lunch Bag
- YETI Daytrip Lunch Bag
- Waves of Change Insulated Recycled Lunch Bag
- Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag
- VonNova Lunch Bag
- SoYoung Insulated Lunch Poche
- CZYY Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag
- ECOBAGS Recycled Cotton Canvas Lunch Bag
- Hydro Flask Insulated Lunch Box
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Lunch Bags
- How do you pack an eco-friendly lunch?
- Are lunch bags recyclable?
- How do you pack lunches without plastic?
SUNNY BIRD Insulated Lunch Bag
Kicking off this list is the SUNNY BIRD Insulated Lunch Bag, one of the most versatile and functional lunch bags ever. First of all, let’s talk about how eye-catching this bag is! It’s available in eight different colors and patterns to choose from to match your outfit! Our favorite is the Yellow/Blue combo, but others are just as good!
Can it keep your food cold, hot, and fresh for hours? Of course! This lunch bag features not two, but three layers of insulation. We’re also surprised by the fact that the inside and the outside of this lunch bag are water-repellent. This allows us to wipe clean the bag easily. Perfect for a meal set, it also boasts a roll-up top. Roll twice to make it smaller, and elongate the strap if you have more to pack.
- This lunch bag is BPA-free and doesn’t contain toxic materials.
- It’s easy to carry around and can be squeezed into your backpack.
- It has the perfect balance of style and functionality.
- Some people may find it larger than expected.
OmieTote Lunch Bag
Our little one has an OmieBox lunch box (it’s one of the best eco-friendly lunch boxes), so we decided to get the OmieTote Lunch Bag. Available in four gorgeous shades, this bag is designed to fit the OmieBox perfectly. Of course, you can also use this bag to store other lunch boxes, but they may or may not fit the bag perfectly. And when not in use, you can fold this bag and store it!
Another thing that we love about this bag is its adjustability. We never have a problem whenever we want to remove or adjust the strap. In addition to that, it also boasts multiple pockets. Inside, there’s a pocket to store ice packs and your utensils. On the outside, there’s a dedicated pocket for your favorite water bottle. You won’t be disappointed by this lunch bag!
- Unlike some lunch bags, this one is 100% machine washable.
- It’s a lightweight lunch bag that’s comfortable to carry around.
- This bag is both durable and water-resistant.
- It can’t keep your food hot or cold for a long time.
MIER Insulated Lunch Bag
With over 26,000 reviews on Amazon, MIER Insulated Lunch Bag is one of the most beloved options available today. It’s truly hard not to love this bag. Its highlight is none other than its two-compartment design. We love using the top compartment as it can keep dry food like fruits and snacks fresh. Meanwhile, the bottom compartment is an insulated, no-leak section, which is perfect for beverages.
Of course, this handsome lunch bag is also designed with comfort in mind. It comes with an adjustable shoulder strap, which promises effortless carrying. If you don’t like using it like a shoulder bag, you can just detach the strap! Also, the silicone handle is super comfortable to grip. Finally, there’s also a front zipped pouch that you can use to store utensils and side pockets for other smaller items.
- There are so many different designs to choose from.
- It’s available in Medium and Large.
- It’s backed y a two-year warranty.
- Compared to others, it’s a little bit more bulky.
BKLYN Bento Lunch Bag
What we have here is the BKLYN Bento Lunch Bag, a neoprene lunch bag that looks good and is friendly to the environment. For those unfamiliar with neoprene, it’s the same material used to make wetsuits. This allows the lunch bag to be extremely durable but also soft and stretchy at the same time. Thanks to this material, the lunch bag is also easy to clean.
As one of the best eco friendly lunch bags out there, it also comes with a comfortable handle. Thanks to that, we can always carry it on a long walk without any discomfort. In addition, there’s also a strap that you can use to turn this lunch bag into a shoulder bag. Talk about versatility! And as you can see from the picture below, this bag comes in several different designs.
- It’s backed by an online warranty.
- The stitching is extremely durable.
- This bag can hold more than it looks.
- It can’t keep your food cold or hot for hours.
TELLUMO Lunch Bag
The lunch bags eco friendly people looking for don’t have to cost you a lot. Many of them are affordable, but if you want something cheap as chips, look no further than the TELLUMO Lunch Bag! Though extremely cheap, this lunch bag still has many to offer. This eco-friendly lunch bag is non-toxic and BPA-free. Additionally, the aluminum foil allows your food to stay fresh for hours.
We also love how the manufacturer pays attention to the small details. We appreciate how comfortable the padded handles are. Not to mention, the double zippers are both smooth and durable. Also, have we mentioned that this lunch bag is dirtproof and waterproof? Even if it gets dirty, you can clean it easily.
- This bag is backed by a 30-day warranty.
- Its large capacity can accommodate a lunch box, fruits, and snacks.
- We’re surprised by how lightweight it is.
- It’s not big enough for some people.
YETI Daytrip Lunch Bag
Best Premium. Our list won’t be the same without the YETI Daytrip Lunch Bag. Who doesn’t know YETI? It’s one of the most prominent brands specializing in coolers and other outdoor products. And if you didn’t know, it also produces impressive lunch bags. Yes, it’s way more expensive than many of its competitors. Some color variants can even cost you over 100 USD! However, the quality of this bag is second to none.
This lunch bag is specifically made to store your food but is built to withstand beatings. We can always rely on this lunch bag no matter our activities. From lunch in the office to adventures in the woods, this lunch bag never disappoints us. It keeps our food fresh for hours, so we can finally say goodbye to soggy sandwiches! Additionally, it’s also foldable! Once you’re done eating, just fold it up and keep it in your backpack. Watch Consumer Cave’s review to learn more about this bag!
- One of its most impressive features is its Thermosnap Closure, which can keep your food cold or hot.
- The adjustable grid allows you to easily adjust the size of the bag.
- Though durable, it’s surprisingly lightweight.
- It’s ridiculously expensive!
Waves of Change Insulated Recycled Lunch Bag
Look at how pretty this lunch bag is! The Waves of Change Insulated Recycled Lunch Bag is more than just an eye candy, though. Available in Small, Medium, and Large, this lunch bag is the ideal replacement to single-use plastic lunch bags. Those looking for lunch bags for kids can get the smaller variant, but if you have a lot to pack, you can get the biggest one!
What’s amazing about this lunch bag is the fact that it’s certified by the Global Recycled Standard. In addition to its recycled plastic material, we also love how easy it is to clean this bag. When it’s finally dirty, you can hand wash it and let it dry. Psst! No one’s stopping you from using it as your regular tote bag as well!
- It’s available in several different sizes.
- This bag is easy to maintain and can last a long time.
- It offers extreme durability without costing you too much.
- Unfortunately, it’s not insulated.
Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag
Best Design. We can finally pack our scrumptious lunch in style thanks to the Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag! As you can see from the video below, this lunch bag is available in many different designs. We fancy the monochrome options with contrasting handles since we prefer something chic and simple. However, if you want something more fun and exciting, you can choose one of the many colorful patterns and character designs!
However, this lunch bag has many other things to offer aside from its design. For one, this organic cotton bag is water-resistant. Also, it comes with a recycled lining that’s incredibly easy to clean. Need a special compartment for your beverage? Well, this bag also features an internal pouch! We think it’s the most eye-catching lunch bag that doesn’t sacrifice functionality.
- Fluf designs this bag to be odor-free!
- This bag is foldable and can be squeezed into small spaces.
- The zipper is sturdy and smooth.
- Considering its price tag, some people are disappointed that it’s not insulated.
VonNova Lunch Bag
Up next is the VonNova Lunch Bag, a water-resistant lunch bag that will please even the most discerning people! This lightweight lunch bag is everything you could ask for and more. It’s thick, durable, and easy to clean. We’d accidentally stained this bag before, but cleaning it was a breeze as all we needed was a wet cloth. You can take it to the school, the office, and anywhere you want.
Moreover, the inside of this bag is really spacious. We love using it to pack multiple containers of different sizes along with fruits and our kid’s personalized water bottles. Apart from that, we love the addition of the internal pocket, which is great for keeping smaller items like your cutlery and even keys. Best of all, it can keep your food cold for up to six hours and hot for up to three hours!
- The wrinkles provide a vintage look.
- With a simple design, this lunch bag is versatile and can be used by anyone.
- You can customize the bag by adding stickers or drawings!
- You can’t wash this bag. It can only be cleaned by being wiped with a damp cloth.
SoYoung Insulated Lunch Poche
Best Insulated. Looking for a nice insulated lunch bag? Take a look at the SoYoung Insulated Lunch Poche! Made from washable paper, this eco-friendly product offers the feel of paper but with the reliable durability of high-quality leather. As you can see from the official website, this lunch bag is available in a wide variety of different designs. But what’s unique is the fact that there’ll be a washed look over time like your jeans!
What about its size? Fret not, as this lunch bag offers more than enough space to store your meals along with your favorite water bottle. We also love the addition of the back pocket, which you can use to keep your spoons, forks, and other small utensils. If you’re hunting for an insulated and versatile lunch bag without hurting the environment, this is the one!
- This lunch bag can keep your food fresh for hours.
- Suitable for all activities, it’s extremely lightweight.
- It’s BPA, PVC, and phthalate-free.
- Since it has plenty to offer, this also means it’s pricier than many of its competitors.
CZYY Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag
Best Material. No more flimsy, soggy lunch bags! Say hi to the CZYY Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag, one of the most eco friendly lunch bags out there! The highlight of this product is none other than its material. As the name suggests, this lunch bag is made from waxed canvas, which is known for its superb durability. In addition, it’s also waterproof! Cleaning this bag is also a breeze, as all you need to do is wipe it using a damp cloth.
Aside from the material, the overall design of this lunch bag is also worth praising. You can fold it flat easily when not using it, so it can go into your backpack without any problems. Moreover, we love the brown aesthetic! It’s one of the most good-looking lunch bags that does its job flawlessly.
- The zipperless design makes it super convenient to use.
- From picnics to lunches at the office, this is a versatile lunch bag.
- Thanks to the heavy-duty canvas material, this lunch bag can be used again and again without any signs of tear and wear.
- It’s a little bit more expensive than some options.
ECOBAGS Recycled Cotton Canvas Lunch Bag
Thanks to the ECOBAGS Recycled Cotton Canvas Lunch Bag, your lunchtime doesn’t have to be complicated anymore! This is a simple and extremely practical lunch bag that everyone can use and rely on. It’s designed to transport your food and other stuff safely. The double stitching ensures that this bag will never tear!
As the name suggests, the material of this lunch bag is recycled cotton canvas. This means it’s one of the most earth-friendly products available on the market. In addition to that, it features a Velcro closure and rope, allowing you to carry it around easily. It’s truly the perfect lunch bag that doesn’t make you compromise a lot.
- We love its simple and user-friendly design.
- Besides food, it can be used for carrying literally any stuff!
- It’s one of the most affordable options.
- The design may look too simple for some.
Hydro Flask Insulated Lunch Box
Best Overall. We think it’s only fair for Hydro Flask Insulated Lunch Box to be our top pick! Aside from making some of the world’s favorite water bottles, Hydro Flask also creates a reliable, eco-friendly lunch box! It’s a nice option that allows you to carry and enjoy your food without polluting the Earth. BPA-free, this insulated lunch bag can even keep your food fresh for hours!
“The quality of the Hydro Flask Insulated Lunch Box is truly unbeatable. We also love using it for when we’re going to picnics!”– Keedoz
Cleaning this lunch bag is also a piece of cake as the exterior is waterproof. Meanwhile, the interior comes with a special compartment so you can keep your utensils and ice pack conveniently. As stated on the product page, it’s also fully lined, so all you have to do is wipe it down to keep it clean. Finally, have we mentioned that the handle is super flexible and comfortable?
- Unlike some insulated lunch bags, this one comes with double-layer insulation, keeping food fresh longer.
- It’s designed to withstand all types of adventures.
- It’s made by one of the world’s most renowned water bottle brands.
- The Black variant isn’t as dark as expected.
Whether you’re looking for a reliable eco-friendly lunch bag for yourself or for your loved one, we’re sure you’ll be able to find your favorite from our list above. That said, we think the Hydro Flask Insulated Lunch Box is the best all-rounder. It has everything you need, from insulation to sustainability and durability. However, the rest are just as good! We’ve categorized some of them according to the following criteria. Take a look!
- Best Material: CZYY Waxed Canvas Lunch Bag
- Best Insulated: SoYoung Insulated Lunch Poche
- Best Design: Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag
- Best Premium: YETI Daytrip Lunch Bag
How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Lunch Bags
There are some important factors to consider when you want to get an eco-friendly lunch bag, which include:
Many lunch bags on the market are insulated. Insulated lunch bags can keep your lunch fresh and ad the perfect temperature. This means your food won’t lose its flavors because of the temperature difference. And if you want to pack something cold, you can also look for a lunch bag that comes with an internal pouch for ice packs.
Ease of cleaning
Different lunch bags will require different methods of cleaning. For waterproof lunch bags, you can normally clean them by using a damp cloth. However, some lunch bags are completely machine washable, which is more convenient if you want to make sure every part of the bag is clean.
Straps and handles
Last but not least, you should make sure the straps and handles are comfortable to use. Additionally, they must also be durable. You don’t want to get a lunch bag with straps and handles that rip easily.
How do you pack an eco-friendly lunch?
It’s simple! Keep plastic lunch boxes and bags away as far as possible. Instead, you can use a sustainable lunch box and lunch bag. Also, consider using sustainable utensils!
Are lunch bags recyclable?
It depends. Not all lunch bags are recyclable. However, there are many eco-friendly options out there that are made from recyclable materials.
How do you pack lunches without plastic?
By using an eco-friendly lunch box and bag, of course! There are so many high-quality choices on the market that are plastic-free.