As a parent, we don’t even remember when was the last time we leave the house with only our phone, especially if our baby is tagging along. Do you feel the same? Kids, especially babies, are really unpredictable. One minute they’re looking for milk, and a minute later they’ll be looking for their toys. From diapers to wipes and blankets, there are so many things we have to prepare for. Thank God we always have an eco friendly diaper bag ready 24/7. It’s just like a regular diaper bag, but more friendly to the Earth. Trust us; it really can do anything a regular diaper bag can do. But if we can make the Earth a better place at the same time, why not? On that note, we’ve tried some of the best options currently available on the market. They come in different sizes and styles but are all super useful for traveling parents. So, why don’t you give them a look?
Table of contents
- Freshly Picked Weekender Travel Tote
- Skip Hop Mainframe Diaper Bag
- Little Unicorn Citywalk Diaper Tote
- MIA + SOPHIA Leather Diaper Bag
- Vera Bradley Ultimate Baby Diaper Bag
- Freshly Picked Classic Diaper Bag
- Skip Hop Iconic Duo Weekender Diaper Bag
- Hamdjkto Diaper Bag
- DYPER Eco-Friendly Diaper Backpack
- Petit Monaco Diaper Bag
- PAPERCLIP JoJo Plus Diaper Bag
- Maelstrom Large Diaper Bag
- Skip Hop Forma Diaper Bag
- Our Verdict!
- How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Diaper Bag
- Can I use any backpack as a diaper bag?
- Can we use a tote bag for a diaper bag?
- Do you really need a large diaper bag?
Freshly Picked Weekender Travel Tote
Kicking off this list is the Freshly Picked Weekender Travel Tote. As the name suggests, this bag is a breath of fresh air for those looking for a reliable diaper bag. Designed for parents like us, this weekender comes with 19 pockets in total as well as a massive main compartment that you can use to store larger items. We personally love the dedicated gadget pocket. We often use it to keep our laptop or tablet. Additionally, we’re also suckers for the hidden pocket!
As with many other sustainable diaper bags on the market, this weekender bag is made from vegan leather. We never find any stain on this bag as it’s designed to be stain-resistant. And if you want to clean it, just get a damp cloth and wipe the surface gently. Aside from the high-quality material, we also love the sturdy and smooth YKK zippers.
- With metal feet on the bottom of the bag, it can stay germ-free.
- There are two external insulated pockets.
- It’s available in a wide variety of different shades.
- Compared to some, it’s a bit pricier.
Skip Hop Mainframe Diaper Bag
The Skip Hop Mainframe Diaper Bag is designed by one of the many amazing diaper bag brands that parents will love. This bag comes with a wide-open design. We love how they make the opening like this, as it’s easy to access whatever we want. Not to mention, the main compartment is big and comes with plenty of extra pockets for our phone, bottles, and other smaller essentials.
This bag is truly designed with convenience in mind. We find the double-top handles to be really durable and comfortable. The back straps are well-padded and can be adjusted in mere seconds. Need extra pockets? Fret not, as there are two zipped pockets on the outside, so you can access your essentials without opening the main compartment.
- This bag is available in four different colors.
- It’s a high-quality bag that doesn’t break the wallet.
- The main compartment is huge.
- It’s impossible to open the bag with only one hand.
Little Unicorn Citywalk Diaper Tote
The Little Unicorn Citywalk Diaper Tote is another highly recommended eco-friendly bag on this list. It’s a versatile choice that can be used for many occasions. From diaper changes to meetings, this bag will have you covered. With a wide array of different shades to choose from, it also offers you both style and functionality.
There are so many things that we love about this bag. For one, it comes with a changing pad made from vegan leather. Additionally, we find the base to be super sturdy. Thanks to the protective feet, we never have to clean the bottom part of the bag as it rarely gets dirty.
- There’s an internal pocket for your tablet.
- There are multiple ways to hold and use this bag.
- It can also be used as an everyday bag.
- We think the internal pockets are a bit too deep for some people.
MIA + SOPHIA Leather Diaper Bag
With a modern look and unmatched durability, we find it hard not to recommend the MIA + SOPHIA Leather Diaper Bag to everyone we know! Made from first-rate vegan leather, this is a sustainable alternative that doesn’t sacrifice quality. Not to mention, the gold hardware makes it look even more luxurious.
This bag sure knows how to make our trip a breeze. It comes with a changing pad, an insulated bottle holder, roller straps, as well as a shoulder strap. We also love its versatility. You can use this bag as a crossbody, a backpack, or even a purse! And with a built-in USB port, you can always charge your phone on the go.
- The built-in USB port also comes with a power cable.
- There are 15 pockets in total!
- The main compartment is big enough to store your laptop as well.
- This bag is a bit too wide for some people.
Vera Bradley Ultimate Baby Diaper Bag
While there are plenty of good eco-friendly diaper bags on the market, not all of them are great. And if you want something great, the Vera Bradley Ultimate Baby Diaper Bag can be an amazing choice. Making the world a better place, this bag is made from recycled cotton. It features everything regular cotton has to offer without damaging the environment.
One of this bag’s biggest selling points is its vibrant design. The floral pattern is simply stunning and never fails to captivate us. Though lightweight, we find this bag to be extremely durable. There are so many pockets that parents like us can use, and there’s a hidden pocket for our precious stuff as well. To know more about this bag, check out its official product page!
- We’re huge fans of the beautiful patterns.
- It comes complete with a changing pad.
- Though lightweight, this bag still has a sturdy construction.
- The printed design might seem too much for those who are into simpler designs.
Freshly Picked Classic Diaper Bag
Who would’ve thought a diaper bag can look this good? Luckily, the Freshly Picked Classic Diaper Bag is more than just eye candy. Aside from using it as a diaper backpack, we also love using it as a crossbody bag and purse. It’s a stylish bag that’s extremely versatile! Thanks to the metal feet, it can stay germ-free at all times.
Furthermore, this eco friendly diaper bag features 10 handy pockets in total! We never have problems storing our little one’s diapers, bottles, and clothes, and we’re sure you’ll have the same experience. The main compartment is also bigger than expected, allowing you to keep bigger items safely.
- The magnetic front flap is strong.
- With a vegan leather material, all you need to do to clean this bag is to wipe it with a damp cloth.
- We love how sturdy and smooth the YKK zippers are.
- It’s one of the pricier options.
Skip Hop Iconic Duo Weekender Diaper Bag
Best for Traveling. Traveling with your baby soon? The Skip Hop Iconic Duo Weekender Bag will make your trip a lot more hassle-free! Designed for family vacations, this weekender bag can keep your baby’s diapers, bottles, and clothes, and you’ll still have tons of room for your stuff.
We also appreciate the addition of the two packing cubes. They do wonders in optimizing the space. Additionally, we also find the luggage sleeve to be really useful. Whenever we’re tired, we can just slide the sleeve over our luggage handles. It’s a great diaper bag for dads and moms.
- The zippers are durable and smooth.
- You can access your stuff easily since the main compartment has a huge opening.
- The side pocket is insulated, which is perfect for bottles.
- It doesn’t have enough internal pockets.
Hamdjkto Diaper Bag
Best with Pockets. Need an eco-friendly diaper bag that has tons of pockets? Take a look at Hamdjkto Diaper Bag! It’s a good-looking bag that has special pockets to store your phone, clothes, your baby’s toys, wipes, bottles, and even your laptop! No matter the destination, you can always rely on this bag.
The design of this diaper bag is also worth highlighting. We love using it as a backpack. However, you also have the choice to turn it into a tote bag. Not to mention, the built-in stroller straps allow you to hang it on your stroller! Last but not least, it also comes complete with a changing pad.
- It’s easy to keep things organized with this bag.
- You can throw it into your washing machine to clean it.
- It looks like your regular bag!
- Unfortunately, it’s only available in Black.
DYPER Eco-Friendly Diaper Backpack
Say hello to the DYPER Eco-Friendly Diaper Backpack, one of the best options available on the market. Parents who are looking for a diaper bag that can also be used as an everyday backpack will definitely love this one. A versatile backpack, we love using the long handles as well. Thanks to them, we can turn this bag into a tote bag!
In addition to that, we truly love how spacious the interior of this bag is. It can easily hold not only our baby’s essentials but also our personal stuff, like our phone, charger, and even water bottle. Also, have we told you that we also receive an extra changing pad? It’s the perfect bonus item for parents who are often on the go.
- The manufacturer uses recycled materials to make this backpack.
- It can also be used as an everyday backpack.
- We find the long handles to be super convenient.
- It’s not as thick as some of its competitors.
Petit Monaco Diaper Bag
Looking for a small and sleek diaper bag that can up your fashion game? Look no further than the Petit Monaco Diaper Bag! With this bag, everyone can be a cool mom! This bag is available in many colors, and all of them are nothing short of stunning. Though our favorite is the Pastel Pink variant, which never fails to bring out our feminine side.
Using vegan leather as the main material, this compact bag is 100% stain-resistant. Meanwhile, the interior is super smooth! It also has a surprisingly big room for your baby’s essentials. Moms who need a fashionable diaper bag that doesn’t sacrifice functionality should give this bag a try!
- A compact diaper bag that can store a lot.
- The gold accents make this bag look extra fancy.
- There are nine pockets in total!
- It’s a bit hard to use with only one hand.
PAPERCLIP JoJo Plus Diaper Bag
Best Premium. Yes; we also think the PAPERCLIP JoJo Plus Diaper Bag is one of the most expensive eco-friendly diaper bags. However, is it worth the money? Heck yes! One of the things that we appreciate the most about this diaper bag is its modern, unisex design. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a dad, mom, or sister, as this bag can be used by everyone. Though it’s available in several different shades, our favorite is the Mushroom a.k.a white variant!
When you’re on the road or traveling, changing your baby’s diaper should be as effortless as possible. Thankfully, this diaper bag comes with a portable changing pad! Moreover, we always carry this bag around proudly as it’s made from recycled plastic and vegan leather. We also find it to be as sturdy and durable as other high-quality leather bags. Watch its product video here!
- This bag boasts huge compartments with handy pockets and packing cubes.
- The shoulder straps are well-padded and comfortable.
- It can be used by anyone for any occasion.
- It may be too pricey for some parents.
Maelstrom Large Diaper Bag
Most Feature-Packed. Raise your hand if you have two kids or twins! Instead of getting two diaper bags, why not get the Maelstrom Large Diaper Bag? We find this bag bigger than most, and we love its unique design. Ok the front, you’ll find a detachable bag with three insulation bags and dry-wet bags. We often use them to keep the bottles warm.
The main compartment of this bag is humongous! Plus, the wide opening allows you to look for your stuff easily. Moreover, you can access your stuff with one hand by using smooth and durable dual zippers. Best of all, it comes with a USB port for charging your gadget. If you’re looking for similar models, check out these diaper bags for two kids!
- There’s a hidden pocket in the bag for keeping small essentials like baby oils.
- Thanks to the stroller clips, you can hang this bag on a stroller.
- It’s available in a wide variety of designs.
- It might be too big for some.
Skip Hop Forma Diaper Bag
Best Overall. Our number one pick is none other than the Skip Hop Forma Diaper Bag. As you can see from this list, Skip Hop has a great collection of eco-friendly diaper bags. However, we think it’s safe to say that this one is the best. We love how lightweight and comfortable it feels carrying it around. The backpack straps are well-padded, and the top handle is also sturdy.
“We’re a huge organizer, and we love how this diaper bag has a spot for literally everything. The main compartment is massive, and there are tons of pockets, too!”– Keedoz
Furthermore, the spacious interior is to die for. It fits quite literally everything you could think of. Based on our experience, this backpack can accommodate snacks, a bottle for toddlers, and some of our spare clothes. Not to mention, its huge opening makes it a breeze to find our stuff. Best of all, it comes complete with two packing cubes! We truly love how practical this bag is, and we’re sure you’ll feel the same. You can read more reviews on the official product page!
- There are stroller straps so you can attach this bag to your stroller easily.
- We love the addition of the changing pad.
- It’s available in a wide variety of stunning designs.
- While this bag is amazing, it needs more pockets!
Whether you’re a dad or a mom, we’re sure you’ll find something that can help you out from the list above. We think the Skip Hop Forma Diaper Bag is the perfect all-rounder. It’s easy to use, have a huge main compartment, and comes with a changing pad. But if you’re not its number one fan, you can consider others as well! To help your decision-making process, we’ve categorized some of our picks according to the following criteria:
- Best Feature-Packed: Maelstrom Large Diaper Bag
- Best Premium: PAPERCLIP JoJo Plus Diaper Bag
- Best with Pockets: Hamdjkto Diaper Bag
- Best for Traveling: Skip Hop Iconic Duo Weekender Diaper Bag
How To Choose The Best Eco-Friendly Diaper Bag
Choosing the right eco friendly diaper bag can be challenging, especially if this is your first time. There are a few things that you should always keep in mind, which include:
Diaper bags are available in many different styles. Some come in the form of a backpack, while others are available as a tote bag. Better yet, some are super versatile and can be used as a backpack, tote bag, and crossbody bag! No matter what kind of diaper bag you want to get, make sure it’s comfortable and can store all of your baby’s essentials.
Changing pad is a must-have for parents. Well, at least we think that way! It can keep babies safe and clean when we’re on the road. That’s why, we highly recommend getting a diaper bag that comes with a built-in changing pad. Lucky for you, there are countless models on the market that offer you just that.
Finally, you’ll also want to consider getting a diaper bag that comes with insulated pockets. We think it’s really important to keep milk fresh and warm, especially for babies. With insulated pockets, we can keep the milk bottle warm at all times.
Can I use any backpack as a diaper bag?
Technically, you can. However, your regular backpack may not have enough space for your baby’s essentials and extra features like insulated pockets and a built-in changing pad.
Can we use a tote bag for a diaper bag?
Of course! But instead of using a regular tote bag, why not check out a tote that’s specifically designed to be a diaper bag?
Do you really need a large diaper bag?
It depends. The size of your diaper bag should be big enough to keep a few wipes, diapers, bottles, and extra clothes. If you have a lot to pack, you may want to get a larger diaper bag.